Today the novice driver looking for an electric car has no limits and constraints given that the new circular of the Ministry of the Interior also allows you to drive a Porsche Taycan without problems, while for thermal cars the limit is 70 kW. The electric cars allowed to novice drivers have a maximum tare weight of 65 kW / t and have no power limits, and for this reason, more and more often, young drivers are driving powerful electric cars. However, the very possibility of choosing the car of your dreams makes the electric conquer the very young.
For 18-year-olds the electric car is trendy
The electric car is in trend among 18-year-olds for simple management since it can be recharged in the home garage with a solution such as a wall box proposed by DazeTechnology. The advice is to also contact the energy supplier to understand the costs and possibly adjust the meter, which in homes has a power of 3kW, but for charging electric cars it should be increased to 6kW.
Modern electric cars are increasingly appreciated even by the very young for their great autonomy since they allow you to travel from 100 to 600 km. As battery life increases, so does the price. Finally, charging the electric car is quick and easy, and one night is enough for a 3kW power recharge.
Three electric car models to buy
As mentioned, new drivers can buy any electric car without having to respect the 70 kW limit. This way, the youngs can get behind the wheel of a 646 horsepower Audi RS e-Tron GT Quattro, and all versions of the Porsche Taycan, up to the 761 horsepower one.
These are certainly expensive cars, but also dangerous for inexperienced drivers due to the characteristics of the electric engine and the great power. Today with the new change to the Highway Code, Tesla Model 3, Kia EV6, and Hyundai Ioniq 5 can also be driven by an 18-year-old who has just earned his driving license.
Among the electric car models to buy after having obtained a driving license, DazeTechnologyrecommends focusing on:
- Volkswagen ID.3: it is a car that is born electric and with a 45, 58, and 88 kWh battery for a respective range of 250, 320, or 420 kilometers. The length is 4.26 meters, and the price starts at 34,850 euros but for a well-equipped version with a 58kWh battery. The trunk has a capacity of 385 liters;
- Dacia Spring: it is a different and less powerful car, with 33kW and 3.7 meters in length, characterized by daytime running LEDs and with both front and rear halogen headlights. The battery is 27.4kWh, and this means about 200 kilometers of autonomy. The price ranges from 20,000 to 23,000 euros;
- Peugeot e-208: it is an electric car with a biting and aggressive design, with an engine powered by a 50kWh battery. The autonomy is about 300km, and there is fast charging at 100kW. The trunk has a capacity of 265 liters, and the price ranges from 33,800 euros to 40,000 euros.
Prices and consumption of the car for novice drivers
Also, 2022 has a list of cars for beginner drivers, and among those that are characterized by the best prices and consumption is Renault. In particular, young people looking for an inexpensive electric car can count on the Twingo Electric, inexpensive and suitable for urban travel due to its great handling. Engine and traction are rear, just like the “twin” Smart Forfour, with which it shares the mechanics.
Surely the price is the factor most taken into consideration when it comes to buying a car for new drivers and among the cheapest models (not just electric) for 2022 we remember:
1.Dacia Nuova Sandero 1.0 SCe STREETWAY ESSENTIAL – 10,800 euros
2.Dacia Nuova Sandero 1.0 SCe STREETWAY COMFORT – 11,850 euros
3.Mahindra New KUV100 NXT 1.2 K6 + – 12.930 euros
4. KIA Picanto 1.0 URBAN – 13,000 euros
5. Hyundai New i10 1.0 MPI Ecopack Advanced – 13,450 euros
6. Hyundai New i10 1.0 MPI Advanced – 13,600 euros
7. Dacia New Duster 1.0 TCe 4×2 90hp Access – 13,650 euros
8.Peugeot 108 Active VTi 72cv S&S New Drivers – 13,800 euros
9.KIA Picanto 1.0 URBAN AMT – 14,000 euros
10.Dacia Nuova Sandero 1.0 SCe STREETWAY COMFORT SL DACIAPLUS – 14,050 euros
As you can see, many cars under 20,000 euros capture the attention of parents, even if the youngs will certainly prefer an electric model, even if more expensive, to feel trendy, fashionable, and in step with the times.